Obesity

•  
  • 868
  • 0
  • 0
May 27, 2012 17:41 TOEFL English
The percentage of overweight children in western society
has increase by almost 20% in the last ten years. Discuss the possible causes and effects of this disturbing trend and offer a solution.

Despite of awareness of danger of obeseness, the population of overweight kids has been dramatically increasing in the western society. This alarming trend is not only a problem for themselves, but also for society itself. This epidemic is caused by many elements and they are complicated, so that it is not easy to address this issue. However, I fiercely believe that governments should conduct some precautions to ward off the outcomes, which may lead to us a serious disaster in the future.

First of all, there are plenty of reasons why children are more likely to be obesity. One of the causes is related to a decline of the amount of their activities. This is a result of introducing hi-tech gagets. These new types of entertainment attract children’s attentions, because they have beautiful graphic and are bay far exiting than outdoor activities. Addition to this, another factor is their diet habit. People’s lifestyles are significantly changed and everyone is busy at a work, therefore, they have not afforded to make meals. Likewise, children have started to eat fast food more than before. This lets them gain weight consequently.

It is predicted the population of excess-weight children will cause catastrophic problem later. One of its effects is a health problem. There are a enormous number of researches that suggest obesity rises a potential of cancer and diabetes. In ten years, the mortality rate may be higher than the present.
Furthermore, the budet used on health care service will be expanded it the rat of overweigh children continues to grow in this speed. This means that government will not use adequate money on other politics. For those reasons, we have to avert this alarming trend.

To prevent tragic future, governments should be responsible for this. They can create new regulations that make teenagers eat less fast foods. They can change the education system and then, teach students how threatening have unbalanced diet, so that pupils could improve their eating habits.
In conclusion, it is obvious that the high rate of obesity has been reflected modern western society. If we neglect this impact of the phenomenon, we will suffer in the future. it is needed that governments tackle this problem immediately and properly.