How do movies or television influence people’s behavior?

•  
  • 930
  • 0
  • 0
Nov 22, 2011 09:17 TOEFL English

We can see both positive and negative sites of its effects. Unfortunately, I feel that television affect our behavior badly. Television makes us more violent and less active. First of all, many television programs and movies contain violent scenes. The violent scenes are so exciting that we can enjoy very much. However, those scenes have a potential to persuade us to be violent because we think of it as cool. According to a psychologist, he reported that people right after they watched violent scenes on TV programs or movies are more likely to commit violent crimes. Of course, there are variety of TV programs and movies besides an action, such as a comedy, a love romance, or a documentary film. Nevertheless, we should not neglect the effect of violence on TV and movies, which might cause a serious issue in our society.
Secondly, watching television requires no action, just watching and listening. We have become more passive than ever, because of this future of television. Nowadays, the passive attitude caused some problems in our society. For example, less action we do, higher a risk of obesity we will have. What is worse is that once you have much higher possibilities to cause some others diseases, such as heart attack and cancer, once you have become obese. The effect of television makes a threat us about even our health.
In conclusion, although I admit that there are some advantages of watching television, the effects of television are mainly lead us to undesired behavior.