B8 – Writing Task 2.2 – Technology advancement and the way people i...

•  
  • 740
  • 0
  • 2
B8 – Writing Task 2.2 – Technology advancement and the way people interact
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.
In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make?
Has this become a positive or negative development?

VERSION 02

It is certainly true that the advances of technology has changed the way most people interact with each other. Although this development brought some disadvantages, I would argue that the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

The increase use of technology to communicate has resulted in some unwanted consequencies as such reducing face-to-face interactions and conversations becoming less meaningful. Spending a lot of time communicating via a digital medium may prevent us from communicating in a broader way, in which people can read each other in a broader sense, with body language, eye contact, intonation and so. For example, it is common to see people misunderstanding the message they received through an email because they read it based on their own intonation and pre-conceptions.

However, technology has facilitated communication in many ways. First, it is cheaper and easier to contact virtually anyone in any part of the world, so you can connet with more peopl. A further reason is that it is possible to transmit the message people want to via different forms, from photos to recorded spoken messages. Finally, technology can be a complementary way of interaction. For instance, my friends and I always set up our meeting on the beach via SMS. In addition, in our group of friends, there is always one of us travelling abroad. Because of the technology we use this person abroad can still join the conversation we have in our on-line group.

Overall, the benefits of technology that affects interactions outweigh the disadvantages. In fact, because of the advancement in technology it is easier to stay in contact than ever before.