Book 7 Task 2.3 – As most people spend a major part of their adult ...

•  
  • 1421
  • 0
  • 1
Book 7 Task 2.3 – As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing.
What factors contribute to job satisfaction?
How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

VERSION 02

No one can deny that most people spend the major part of their adult life at the workplace and job satisfaction can play an important role at individual wellbeing. The expectation of job satisfaction for all workers is unrealistic but people should do their best to find a job that fits their expectations.

Employees obtain job satisfaction in a number of ways, which includes receiving a good salary, being part of a high-level work-team and doing something they like,. I believe that people should desire the best career possible for themselves and work as hard as possible to achieve this. For instance, my brother has been working for the largest company in Brazil since he graduated. The company gives him the opportunity to develop his abilities in a high-level position and also pays him a salary above the average. He works in a strong team and enjoy what he does, but not everyone seems to have this job satisfaction.

However, it is difficult to imagine a world in which everyone is truly satisfied with their jobs. Most people work for a living, and they would probably not choose to spend eight or more hours each day doing their job if they did not need the money. When I lived in London, for example, I worked giving away free newspapers in order to pay for my studies and international experience. If I had enough money, I would not have worked as much as I did. In fact, I would argue that the majority of people dislike or are unhappy about their salaries, working hours, workload, or their bosses.

In conclusion, while there are many factors that contribute to job satisfaction as include the type of job and advancement opportunities, it is unrealistic that most people will enjoy their jobs.