I am looking for your help~ Thanks!

•  
  • 447
  • 1
  • 1
Task:Now is the perfect time to buy a house in our city. Over the past five years, average home prices in our region have nearly doubled. But average stock prices in the national stock market have actually declined over the same period. So homeowners have seen an increase in value for their housing investment during the last five years that far exceeds what they could have made by investing in the stock market. Our city’s residents can surely achieve a similar profit over the nest five years. Futhermre, if residents invest in a home, they can enjoy the use of the home while its value increases, whereas money invested in stocks would not contribute to their quality of life in the same way that owning a home would. Therefore, all the residents of our city should invest their money in a home.

Answer
Firstly, the arguer unfairly equates revenue with net income. Even though it is true that the price of houses was doubled in the past five years, the author proves no information about the costs involved in investing and maintaining a house. It is entirely that the costs and taxes such as the costs of maintenance, utilities, property taxes, and insurance paid on the houses, in fact, far outweigh the profits of the investor got.

Secondly, the author's inference that the city's residents absolutely will achieve similar profit in the next five years rests on the inadequate assumption that during the next five years all conditions have remained unchanged. However, the author overlooks that any conditions upon which the values of real estate depend may change greatly over a long time period. Take the policies as an example, it is entirely possible that some relevant policies that focus on manipulating the economy will be carried out to control the price of housing. If so, then the people who invest in houses might suffer great loss.Failure to consider such possibility may lead to an ungrounded conclusion. Thus, I remain sceptical of the company's appeal.

Last but not least, there is no evidence given to substantiate the claim that investment in housing necessarily contributes to quality of life improved. It is possible that purchasing houses may pose an especially heavy burden to most people. And then, they will live in the shadow of high housing loans let alone have good moods to enjoy their life.