0329_(Translation Practice) Company champions unsightly fruit and veg

•  
  • 130
  • 0
  • 2
Mar 29, 2018 17:15 TC-to-EN translation
This is a practice Chinese-English translation.
Please let me know your opinions and suggestions about this translation.
I would value them highly.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Source (text in the original language):
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/lang/archives/2018/03/29/2003690221
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

面對全球糧食短缺危機威脅,每年卻有很多賣相不佳的醜蔬果被丟棄,王品集團董事長陳正輝週二表示,今年將推出以醜蔬果為主要食材的餐廳。
Despite the hardship due to the global shortage of food, there are still many deformed fruits and vegetables thrown away every year. Wowprime chairman Park Chen stated on Tuesday that they will start a restaurant chain that uses these “bad-looking” fruits and vegetables as the main ingredients.

許多蔬果在生產處理階段,就因為賣相不佳、不符市場規格,被列為NG蔬果,淘汰率高達百分之三十,只因為沒有完美無瑕的外表,就遭到丟棄,造成嚴重食物浪費,其實醜蔬果的營養成分都一樣。
Due to the reason that their appearances fail to meet the market’s regulations, many fruits and vegetables were labeled as “NG” ones and thrown out soon after their production, with a disposal rate high up to 30%. Ditching food just because of the lack of a perfect looking causes a serious waste of food. Actually, they all have the same nutrients as other ones.

根據報告,二○五○年全球將面臨毀滅性的糧食危機。王品集團經深入研究剩食與地力永續發展的課題,發現台灣在二○一五年的農業廢棄物,高達四百六十萬噸,以蔬菜最多,水果居次。
According to reports, the world will face catastrophic food crisis in 2050. With precise researches on leftovers and sustainable development, Wowprime pointed out that Taiwan’s agricultural wastes in 2015 was as much as 4.6 million tons, most of which was vegetables, with fruits coming second.