0520_(Translation Practice) The pop culture queen of Japan, Namie Amuro, is expected to retire from the entertainment industry this September

•  
  • 133
  • 0
  • 1
May 21, 2018 00:40 translation TC-to-EN
This is a practice Chinese-English translation.
Please let me know your opinions and suggestions about this translation.
I would value them highly.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Source (text in the original language):
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/lang/archives/2018/05/18/2003693260
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pop culture queen of Japan, Namie Amuro, is expected to retire from the entertainment industry this September, drawing her legendary 25-year singing career to an end. She, on her farewell concert tour currently, is having two concerts this Saturday and Sunday at the Taipei Arena , which is the final performance overseas.

Before her retirement, at the end of last year, the 2-CD album “Finally” to celebrate the 25th anniversary since her debut was a hit sold rapidly more than 2.55 million copies in Japan, making her top 1 singer in the music industry and the only singer that have had a selling record of over a million copies in the teens, 20s, 30s, and 40s.

To leave her with wonderful memories in Taiwan, fans are also starting activities raising funds about 500 thousand TWD, planning to illuminate Taipei 101 to show their love by using the LED lights outside the building.