0510_(Translation Practice) Czech well-known illustrator Tomas Rizek’s picture book

•  
  • 137
  • 0
  • 1
May 10, 2018 21:38 translation TC-to-EN
This is a practice Chinese-English translation.
Please let me know your opinions and suggestions about this translation.
I would value them highly.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Source (text in the original language):
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/lang/archives/2018/05/10/2003692801
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The national central library at the end of last month held a new book launch for Czech well-known illustrator Tomas Rizek’s picture book. The event organizer also invited the author of the book’s Taiwanese version, Kate Dargaw, to introduce this beautiful legend of the Aboriginal Rukai People together with Rizek.

Rumor has it that, in the Daluobaling Lake located at southern the Central Mountain Range, there lived the guardian of the Rukai People—a hundred-pace snake. The chief’s daughter then fell in love with this half-snake human. Others however felt both joyous and sad at the same time because she would live in the Daluobaling Lake forever after.

This is also Rizek and Dargaw’s second aborigine story picture book. They, by telling a romantic story, continued the classic legend of the Rukai People. The new book just hit stores yesterday, and their first book is the “Atayal Warriors’ Journey,” published in 2016.