0512_(Translation Practice) senior entertainer Sun Yueh died last Tuesday

•  
  • 123
  • 0
  • 1
May 13, 2018 01:01 translation TC-to-EN
This is a practice Chinese-English translation.
Please let me know your opinions and suggestions about this translation.
I would value them highly.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Source (text in the original language):
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/lang/archives/2018/05/11/2003692856
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The National Taiwan University Hospital announced to the public last Wednesday that senior entertainer Sun Yueh died last Tuesday because of septicemia in combination with multiple organ failure organ failure at the age of 87. He got lung cancer, caused by his smoking background for years, and suffered from lung adenocarcinoma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). He has gone to hospitals for treatment several times recent years.

He, often called “Uncle Sun”, hosted a TV program jointly with entertainer David Tao and Swallow Chang and then became popular. Their bond continued for over 40 years, well known as the “Three Musketeers” in the entertainment industry. He was awarded a lifetime achievement award from Tao and Chang at the Golden Horse Awards in 2010.

Sun stopped the habit of smoking more than 20 years ago and started contributing to charitable activities, becoming a life-long anti-smoking volunteer for the John Tung Foundation. The Health Promotion Administration also noted that over 6000 people dye of COPD yearly and that a smoker is 10-13 times as likely as a non-smoker to get the disease.