Mixing tenses to tell times of things happening in an imaginary situation

•  
  • 50
  • 3
  • 2
Jun 30, 2019 14:03 question grammar
I have a post on English Learner Stack Exchange.
https://ell.stackexchange.com/questions/216488/mixing-tenses-to-tell-times-of-things-happening-in-an-imaginary-situation

The question is related to tenses in an imaginary situation.
I am also posting it here in hope of getting help from professionals.
Here is the question.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am wondering whether I can mix up tenses when I talk about an imaginary situation to tell the listener which thing happens earlier and which happens later.

Example 1:
I meet a beautiful girl. I am talking to her. Two days ago, we once met at a library. She was reading a book. I didn't know what the book was about. Now it seems like we can hang out because a moment ago, I just found that she was reading a book I like. We will have a lot to talk about.

Example 2:
I met a beautiful girl at a library two days ago. Very luckily, I am talking to her now because I met her again. She was reading a book. I didn't know what the book was about. Now it seems like we can hang out because a moment ago, I just found that she was reading a book I like.

What if I use subjunctive mood? Can I use subjunctive mood forms of verbs to talk about the situation? Is the example below with subjunctive mood correct? (I use "had" and past tense verbs to tell the listener which thing happens earlier and which thing happens later.)

Example 3:
I met a beautiful girl. I was talking to her. Two days ago, we had met at a library. She had been reading a book. I hadn't known what the book had been about. Now it seemed like we could hang out because a moment ago, I just had found that she had been reading a book I like. We would have a lot to talk about.