0831_(Translation Practice) Crazy Rich Asians the movie

•  
  • 178
  • 0
  • 1
Aug 31, 2018 12:09 translation TC-to-EN
This is a practice Chinese-English translation.
Please let me know your opinions and suggestions about this translation.
I would value them highly.
Thanks a lot in advance.
Source (text in the original language):
http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/lang/archives/2018/08/31/2003699483
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

台裔美籍導演朱浩偉所執導的新電影《瘋狂亞洲富豪》,在本月中上映後即稱霸美國票房冠軍,成為近年來首映週最熱賣的浪漫喜劇。這也是繼二十五年前的《喜福會》後,第一部全亞裔演員陣容的好萊塢電影。
Crazy Rich Asians, directed by Taiwanese director Jon Chu, has dominated the US box office since its premiere this month, becoming the top-grossing romantic comedy of recent years. It is also the first Hollywood movie with an all-Asian cast after "The Joy Luck Club" 25 years ago.

該片改編自新加坡裔美籍作家關凱文的名著,劇情跟著紐約客瑞秋一路來到新加坡,才發現她男友家竟是該國最富有的豪門之一。主角除了演出熱門影集《菜鳥新移民》的吳恬敏,還包括亨利高汀和楊紫瓊等人。
This film was adapted from Singapore writer Kevin's well-book, with a story of accompanying New Yorker 瑞秋 to Singapore and finding out his boyfriend comes from one of the richest family in the country. The lead actors include Constance Wu, who has played in famous TV show Fresh Off the Boat, Henry Golding, and Michelle Yeoh.

該片推出的時機適逢好萊塢遭到施壓,要求大銀幕上的演員陣容更具多元性。據統計,在去年的美國百大賣座電影中,有台詞的亞裔角色僅佔百分之四點八。在這部頗具開創性的影片創下佳績後,據報導華納兄弟影業公司正在計畫籌拍續集。《瘋狂亞洲富豪》已於上週五在台灣上映。
The film hit the theater at a time when it just happened to Hollywood that it was asked to have more diversity in movie casts. According analysis, only 4.8% of the Asian characters in the Top 100 hit movies last year have lines. After this innovative movie becoming a big hit, Warner Bros. Pictures was reportedly planing on filming a sequel. Crazy Rich Asians hit the theater in Taiwan last Friday.