ESSAY FOR CAMBRIDGE ADVANCED EXAM

•  
  • 107
  • 1
  • 1
Jul 9, 2016 01:28 CAE
The aim of this essay is to analyze the advantages of digital and computer technology in everyday life. Despite the fact that there are various options, two main approaches that should be taken into consideration will be discussed: the way we communicate and how we gain access to information. Needless to say, both of them are highly remarkable, but there is a need to clarify which one is more relevant.

It is widely accepted that thanks to Internet the barriers to communicate have been shortened. This is clearly an advantage due to how significant is the possibility of keep in touch with relatives, family or friends in spite of the distance. To do so, one just needs a proper connection to internet.

The way a great number of people nowadays gain access to any sort of information thanks to internet plays a vital role in the topic we are concerned about since, in the past, such information was contained in books and encyclopedias not accessible for everybody. We could say that information has become globalised. However, there are some pitfalls to this approach: If whoever is able to add whatever to the worldwide web, what about the veracity of what we search on the internet? How could we distinguish between the truth and the lie?

Taking everything into account, the possibility to communicate is a more effective advantage than the access to any kind of information, because of the probability to become misinformed when seeking on that vast library we call Internet.