Were You Scared?

•  
  • 469
  • 3
  • 2
Hi, how are you doing? I hope all of you enjoyed the weekend!

My son went through his first shots of vaccines last Friday without any problems. He got three shots in a row and after that he got an oral vaccine, which means he got four vaccines at once. I had a little concern that having that much of vaccines when he is so small would really be safe, so I'm really releived that he haven't had any problems after that. :)

As I had imagined, he went crazy after shots.. However, it wasn't as hard as what I had thought. He was pacified after some time of cradling, and went to sleep smoothly. Well, he had FOUR vaccines, so no wonder how fast he went to sleep.

This reminded me, somehow, an old memory when I was little.
I was around 5 or 6 years old, and about to have a shot. There was a friend in front of me, and we were talking about how we thought about having a shot. She said to me that she wasn't scared at all. I was scared. However, I felt a bit embarassed to tell her I was scared, so I told her ” Me, either” instead.
When her turn came and she went through the whole process without crying, I got more nervous about having shot because I thought I should not be crying as she didn't. If I cried, that would mean I had told a lie that I wasn't scared, right?

So, when it was my turn, I did everything I could do not to cry, and I could manage to do that. It was so scary and painful, but I put up with that!

So, I rushed to my mom to tell her how brave I was, but when I saw her face, I couldn't help but burst into tears. lol
I don't remember how I felt when I started to cry, but I guess I was releived from the fear that I had struggled when I saw my mom's face.
Of course, my friend gazed at me in a way she was wondering why I was crying. I think she had no idea why I cried even though I had said I wasn't scared.

This is what my son's experience brought back to me. This memory is still vivid for me after 20 years has passed!

To tell you the truth, I still get scared when getting a shot. lol