Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

•  
  • 1209
  • 0
  • 1
Sep 20, 2012 18:29 advertising consumer needs sales market marketing
It's widespread opinion that we make no decisions when we go to shopping. All that we buy is things which we got a look on advertising materials. We buy these unnecessary goods at the back of our mind because of the strength of advertising.
Today this theory has right to exist. Scientists argued that chances of careful processing of advertisements are lowered by the high number of advertisements competing for individuals’ attention. Limited time and mental resources make it difficult for the audience to dedicate sufficient attention to most advertisements. That's why we lose our heads among the wide choice of goods.
At first glance, an ad may not motivate further buyer’s action if it is not perceived to be relevant to his current needs. However, market analysts are sure that at first a businessman creates a need, and then he comes up with a way to satisfy it which will make a profit in future. In that case we are unable to resist to competent work of advertising agency.
There is an opposite view of point that today it’s impossible for seller to foist their goods when customers use the Internet where they can enjoy better interactive experience by having freedom in choosing what they want and when they need it on the Internet. Try and remember we should to overlook so much advertising until we find something worthwhile. At the next shopping we will choose the familiar brands which we looked before. This is how advertising works.
To sum up, I agree that advertising increases sales. The more we became discriminating the more advanced methods to attracts customers are invented.
Img_hn_pc_bn300-3484a621094d33784ab18d6efd7f193a