“Vegan dining in Seattle! ”

•  
  • 558
  • 8
  • 2
I sometimes watch the video “バイリンガール英会話Chika's English Lessons” on YouTube. In the video, the girl named Chika teaches us English about variety things. I like her lessons. They are always helpful and interesting for me. There are both English and Japanese subtitles, so it is easy to understand what she said well. She is a cute young Japanese girl and she speaks English well because she is a bilingual. I really envy her.

Today I watched one of her videos “Vegan dining in Seattle!” The topic was a right time for me to fill my interest in because I heard the word about “Vegan” from “Bilingual News” which is one of my favorite podcasts for my listening practice last week. Until then, I had never heard the word before, so I looked it into the Weblio dictionary. The dictionary says that vegan is a person who does not eat any foods that come from animals, including meat, eggs, and dairy products. A vegan diet is being studied in the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer and other medical conditions. I knew about vegetarian and fruitarian. About fruitarian, it was my first time to know the existence of fruitarian when I watched the movie, “Notting Hill” in the U.S.

Chika ate a big burger which has smoked toufu with a lot of vegetable. She said that the smoked toufu looked like a black sponge, but the texture was good enough or close to enough meat and delicious if she ate it with a lot of other stuff of burger.

I thought the tofu looked burnt black. So I wonder if it's truly delicious.

“バイリンガール英会話Chika's English Lessons”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAaY08ObV5c