On My First Day of The Golden Week

•  
  • 554
  • 10
  • 4
Yesterday my husband, my daughter and I went to Kobe by car.

We left our house that afternoon because my daughter had to take a driving practice at the driving school. My daughter and I were sleeping while my husband was driving.

Sorry… daddy. (If I were a Westerner, I would say darling or honey here though.)

At the China town in Nankinmachi, we bought and ate some dumplings called “nikuman”, “tonporo” and “gomadango.” They were delicious.

People work for the shops and the restaurants talked to people in order to sell food or items, or invite them to their restaurants. They spoke Japanese very well even though they have a Chinese accent.

Meanwhile, I also found a rare shop there. It was a Turkish ice cream shop. The Turkish man at the shop was making ice creams and selling them with a smile.

After we left Nankinmachi, we walked around Motomachi and Sannomiya, we bought a lot of clothes in discounted prices at Banana Republic and GAP. While my daughter and I were looking for our clothes to buy and were walking around the shops, my husband was reading a book and was patiently waiting for us for a long time without any complaints. I feel sorry for him if I keep him waiting for such a long time, so we usually go shopping without him though.

Finally, we also went to the first place ramen shop in my city. That was the first time for us visiting there. The ramen tasted great as its reputation.

I spent a great time with my family on my first day of Golden Week.

Nankinmachi
http://www.nankinmachi.or.jp/index.html

昨日、夫と娘と一緒に、車で神戸に行きました。娘が自動車教習所で実技教習から帰ってきてからなので、お昼すぎに家を出発しました。夫が運転中してくれている間、私と娘は、お昼寝。ごめんね~。お父さん!(もし私が西洋人なら、ここで「ハニー」や「ダーリン」なんて言うところでしょうが・・。)

南京町の中華街で、肉まん、トンポーロー、ゴマ団子を買って食べました。美味しかったです。それぞれのお店では、日本語でお客さんに呼びかけていました。中国訛りはあるものの、とても上手な日本語です。

そんな中、珍しいお店も発見しました。トルコアイスのお店です。トルコ人の人が、にこやかにアイスを作り、売っていました。

南京町を離れて、元町、三宮辺りを歩き、Banana Republic と GAPで、たくさんの服を安く買いました。夫はベンチに座って、本を読みながら、文句も言わずに、ずっと待っていてくれました。普段は、夫を長時間待たせるのが可哀想なので、私と娘だけで買い物に行くのですが・・・。

最後に、我が街の人気No.1ラーメン店に、初めて行きました。
ラーメンの味は、評判通り、とても美味しかったです。

ゴールデンウィーク初日、家族と一緒に良い時間が過ごせました。