Writing Task 2: Responding to Survey Questions

•  
  • 556
  • 0
  • 0
Writing Task 2 of CELPIP-General Sample Test
https://secure.paragontesting.ca/InstructionalProducts/

-- Question --

City Development Survey

You live in a small town of 10,000 people. A large green area in the centre of town is undeveloped. The city has sent out an opinion survey to see what residents would like to have built in that area.

Choose the option that you prefer. Why do you prefer your choice? Explain the reasons for your choice. Write about 150-200 words.

Option A: Shopping Complex: This shopping mall would include restaurants, a large supermarket, and a movie theatre.
Option B: Recreational Park: This park would include a sports complex, a large green area, and a small petting zoo.

-- My Answer (I chose Option A) --

I prefer building a shopping complex because I think we need it for elderly people, and we already have a big park near our city.

First of all, cars are necessary to live in our city. We must drive to some small markets, restaurants day to day. If we don't have cars, it's difficult to live. Average age in our city is getting older and older. More people are going use public transportations instead of cars. We need an all-in-one place like shopping complex, where we can get anything we need for daily life.

Furthermore, we already have a national park within 30km distance in the north of our city. The park is easy to get to by public transportations or cars so we don't need any extra parks.

I believe we need a shopping complex rather than a recreational park as we should prepare coming car-less society and we already have a national park within the reasonable distance.