after long time

•  
  • 262
  • 2
  • 0
I have an English exam this Sunday. Please teach me those questions' answers.

A. Choose the best word to fill in the blanks (1)-(5).

Much of MIT's uniqueness and great success (1) on the fact that research and education in the sciences are (2) the core of the Institute. Thus, every undergraduate student (3) MIT learns the basic elements of chemistry, mathematics, physics, and molecular biology. The School of Science offers frontier research and educational programs in virtually (4) areas of contemporary science. MIT's future is as vast as the creative imaginations of each student, (5) continually mandate new academic and research directions for the School.

1. rests, rises, sits, sets
2. at, off, on, from
3. down, on, at, above
4. almost, most, all, many
5. that, which, who, as

I thought
1. rests
2. at
3. above
4. most
5. which
Are those right?

B. The following sentences each have four underlined words, which are marked a, b, c, and d. Identify the one underlined word that must be changed in order for the sentence to be correct.

1. Science (a)is simultaneously very (b)abstract (c)or (d)very practical
2. (a)Most (b)importantly, science is (c) always (d)excited.
3. An education in science, (a)both at the undergraduate and (b)at the graduate level, (c)prepare (d)one for many careers.
4. Students (a)with bachelor’s (b)degrees in science often go on to medical school, law school, business school, and (c)others professional schools (d)including engineering.
5. (a)Some, of course, also go on to (b)pursuing PhDs in their (c)fields (d)of specialization.

I thought
1. c
2. d
3. b
4. c
5. b
Are those right?