Writing Task 1: Writing an Email

•  
  • 136
  • 0
  • 0
Writing Task 1 of CELPIP-General Sample Test
https://secure.paragontesting.ca/InstructionalProducts/

-- Question --

You recently made reservations for dinner at a very famous and expensive restaurant in town. However, the meal and the service were terrible. The restaurant manager was not available to solve the problem, so you left without a resolution.

Write an email to the restaurant's manager in about 150-200 words. Your email should do the following things:

- State what problems you had with the food you ordered.
- Complain about the service.
- Describe how you want the restaurant to resolve the problem to your satisfaction.

-- My answer --

Dear Restaurant Manager.

I'm takkyuuplayer.
I reserved your restaurant last Friday for dinner. I had problems with the meal and the service you provided on the day so I left without eating anything.

I ordered a special course because I had a food allergie. I had told you about my allergie 2 week prior to the reservation in a email and you replied me that you would prepare shrimp free meal. However, the course you served me included it so I could eat nothing. I complained about it to the manager and asked him to prepare alternative meal. He said they couldn't because an another reservation time is coming and they didn't have enough time. It took an hour for you to serve the first meal. That's why we run out of time, wan't it?

I'd like you to refund my money already paid. I'll reserve the restaurant again and hope you can provide meal menu 1 week prior to the reservation next time so that I can confirm there won't be food I cannot eat.

Sincerely.