Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas (in words, pictures, music or film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

•  
  • 3874
  • 0
  • 0
Currently, quantities of people suggest that complete freedom should be given to creative artists so that they can express their ideas. In their opinion, government restrictions on what artists do need to be abandoned. Although increasing people believe that suggestion, I disagree with that dangerous idea.

One of the essential purposes of government is to keep society in harmony, which is the basis of economic development and public facilities construction. As a result, proper restrictions should be taken in the whole society, no matter whether you are a creative artist or not. So in order to keep the rules of society justified, restrictions for artists in required.

Moreover, however creative an artist is, he is just a human who may also violate other’s rights. If few restrictions are given, some of them may take advantage of it and violate other’s rights, such as abuse or even crimes. There are cases whose main criminals were artists in the past. As a consequence, restrictions for artists also protect the rights of the whole society.

The people who insist restrictions should be abandoned for creative artists believe it may increase the quality of the compositions made by those artists. However, actually, it may affect the quality of their compositions. If restrictions are abandoned, although several artists may come up with more creative ideas by their own, most artists may remain the same level as they used to be. And some particular ones may rob other artists’ articles or ideas as restrictions do not exist any more and it is easier to achieve success rather than spare their efforts to thinking.

In my opinion, creative ideas do not depend on whether restrictions exist or not, and artists just need to collecting material from their real lives. In this way, they will have more opportunities to achieve success.