Happiness is considered very important in life. Why is it difficult to define? What factors are important in achieving happiness? Give reasons for your answer and include any examples from your own knowledge or experience.

• 5338
  • 0
  • 0
What does happiness indicate? The society has not yet got a consensus. Actually, what happiness refers to varies in individuals with different background.

Even the most intelligent philosopher may find it difficult to define happiness. First, happiness is a kind of mental feeling instead of exact substances. The mental feeling of human is complex as individuals seldom share a totally same idea. The diversity of human’s feeling makes it impossible to reach a same definition on happiness. What’s more, although we need exact substances in our lives to cheer us up, whether we are easy to be happy or not depends different individual. For a patient whose life may end up at any time, health is the most precious thing all over the world. Just if the doctor tells him he has been cured, he achieves amounts of happiness. But health seems to be what we take it for granted, so we seldom feel that kind of happiness.

Achieving happiness may not be as different as we used to think. First, we should be more grateful. However ambitious we are, we ought to be grateful for what we have already got, such as health, family and friends. Being grateful will guide us to be friendly, more mercy and easy to be satisfied, which can make us feel greater happiness than we used to. Then, we need to be more diligent. If you are easy to be satisfied, you may be easy to be happy, while the more diligent you are, the more substances making you happy can be acquired. Moreover, individuals can enjoy more happiness with the success they have devoted to.

To sum up, even though various factors results in the difficulty in defining happiness, individuals can achieve happiness by being both grateful and diligent.