Which do you prefer eat outside or eat at home?

•  
  • 2790
  • 0
  • 1
Jun 29, 2009 15:37 writing toefl
Toefl writing
Q. Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants. Other peopole prefer to preaper and eat food at home. Which do you prefre? Use specifice reasons and examples to support your answer.

Some people choose to eat outside while others choose to eat at home. I prefer to eat at restaurants for the following reasons.

The major benefit of choosing to eat outside is that we can save time. As the old saying goes, “Time is money.” If we eat outside, we do save our time to go to supermarket or traditional market to choose the food ingredients for cooking a meal. Moreover, we can eat at anytime just as we want. Thus, we will not be constrained by time. We can arrange our schedule more flexibly. In other words, eating outside is “saving our money”.

Apart from saving time, we can have a variety of choices on food. We like diversification. If we eat similar kind of food everyday, we will feel bored soon. Therefore, we eat outside so that we can change our choices according to our emotional status.

In addition, eating outside can make us understand different cultures of regions. For instance, as the main food of Asian countries is rice whereas the main food of Western countries is wheat. If we don’t understand the reason, we can inquire the owners of those restaurants. Hence, we can learn more through eating outside.

Finally, we can interact with people more through eating outside. For students, they can ascend their friendship through eating outside. For businessmen, they can choose restaurants according the preference and character tics of the customers. They usually can hammer a deal through eating outside. Therefore, if we can become more successfully through eating outside.

It is true that there are some advantages to eat at home. However, as a college students, my home is far from campus. Therefore, it is more convenient for me eating outside rather than eating at home. So I prefer to eat at outside.

(Word count: 307 words)
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d