What do you want most in a friend

•  
  • 1009
  • 0
  • 2
What do you want most in a friend, someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characteristics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.

With regards to this matter, there’s an English saying “a friend in need is a friend indeed”. This means that when you make friends, try to do so with a reliable and trustworthy person. Perhaps , it can be rather easy to make friends who are humorous, intelligent and so on. Because they are seemingly attractive as friends.

I do think, however, the most decisive factor for me to choose which person will be the best friend of mine is highly dependent on his or her reliability. Personally, I put a lot of emphasis trust on making human relationship as it is a thing between people. When a friend make a lie often or break the promises, It will be definitely hard for me to trust him or her.

In addition to this, I think reliable friends can be friends who can be around me till the end. When I face some adversities in my life, other friends might leave me someday. On the other hand, Reliable friends would remain my friends for quite a long time as they have made a friendship with me which is based on faith. Like I said in the beginning, they eventually could be ‘friends indeed’.

Regarding these reasons, in making an authentic friendship, I would like to say that ‘reliability’ is the most important characteristic of friend among a sense of humor, intelligence, and reliability. And I want to make a lot of such friends as well.