Do you agree or disagree that progress is always good? Use specific reasons and examples to supportayour answer.

•  
  • 3769
  • 0
  • 0
May 19, 2012 11:27 essay TOEFL Japanese English
All over the world people are welcoming progress into their home, their bussiness and their education. Larg corparations use progress in technology, industries use progress in their manufacture process. How ever, when we think about in larger picture, it is clear that progress can manufacture process. However, when we think about in larger picture, it is clear that progress can be damaging in some cases. We as a society have to cheak ourselfs once and a while to make sure, that the progress is not making to much damage to certain communities around the world.

Speaking as a member of avery special community called a Kibbutz, which used to provid to our people from the agriculture products we grow in our own feilds, and sell in markets. When progress came to our country, many industries got stronger, and farmers like ourselfs found their selfs without a future for their agriculture investment, that they eorked and built for years. In this case progress has damaged a larg community, and made them face a hard finencial future.

Another unfortunate view on progress, is the use of computeres to enterain children. In the year 2000, when every home has adopted the progress in computers, children find themselfs sitting long hours infront of the compure instead of playing outside or inviting friends over. This way of spending to much time on the computer is very damaging to their social skills, and even a reason for weight gain amoung young children.

After looking at a different aspects of progress, i can say clearly, that progress has to be survised. That in some cases progress is making a big damage for our society. People sould welcome progress in many feilds of life, but always have your eyes open for little "lead mines" that could make an unreversable situation and future.