You have recieved a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a piece of jewelry you like or tickets to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.

•  
  • 457
  • 0
  • 0
May 16, 2012 07:22 essay TOEFL Japanese English
The choice between spending money on tickets to a concert or spending money on jewelry is an easy one. Given this choice, I would buy jewelry. The reasons are obvious. Jewelry is an investment; it is permanent; and it is fashionable.

An article of jewerly like a gold bracelet is a very good investment and for women it is especially important to have gold jewelry. If one faces any serious financial problems, one could always sell the jewelry to get over any rough spots. One could not sell a used concert ticket.

Jewelry, unless it is sold, is permanent. One always has it to wear. Each time one puts it on, one remembers the day one bought it. It can provide pleasure for years and years. A ticket stub cannot be worn to the concert. Jewelry can be very fashionable. I would feel very smart wearing a beautiful gold bracelet or diamond pin. People would comment upon it and remark upon how much they liked my jewelry. They would compliment me on my good taste.

I would feel very rich with my jewelry. I would have a good investment which is permanent as well as fashionable. Then, when someone invites me to a concert, I will have something beautiful to wear.