If you could change one important thing about your hometown, what would you change? Use reasons and specific examples to support your answer.

•  
  • 674
  • 2
  • 0
Apr 24, 2012 05:42 essay TOEFL Japanese English
Everything in the universe is constantly changing, and everything requires continuous improvement if the ever changing increasing demands of humankind are to be met. If I am ever given the chance to change a thing about my home town, it would be the Internet service. Needless to say that nothing generally revolutionized the way we live as much as the Internet has in the past decade. Thus, an improvement in this vital service would mean an even more, unheard of betterment to the people in my home town.

It is said that information is power and that is a true saying indeed. I can envision how everything in my home town could improve dramatically if the Internet service in it were made free, fast and reliable like electricity, telephone or water all the time. One thing a fast, free, and reliable Internet service could improve in my home town is the way people work. If this said service were to exist, people in my home town would not necessarily have to commute to a far place to do their job. This in turn would mean less traffic jams, more spacious work places, more time for family and recreation, and so on.

The way people learn would be another important thing that a fast, free and reliable internet service could better in my home town. People will have the chance to go through tremendous amount of various information resources in a very small amount of mine. They, apparently, will also take less time to share it. This assures a more fulfilled life for my home town people.
Since its advent, Internet touched every part of our lives. It, in a dazzling way, improved the way we do business, learn, and communicate. A change in internet service implies a good way of living for everyone in my home town.