A company has announced that it wishes to build a large factory near your community. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this new influence on your community. Do you support or oppose the factory? Explain your position.

•  
  • 3105
  • 0
  • 1
Apr 22, 2012 20:40 essay TOEFL Japanese English
Whether it is beneficial to build a large factory near our community is a prevalent topic undergoing serious debate. Two different opinions obviously exist to support or to oppose. After pondering the opinions from several aspects, personally, I agree with the idea that it is beneficial to build a large factory near our community.

By comparing the advantages and disadvantages, people can form a opinion on this argument. In my opinion, the advantage in this case is far more superior than the disadvantage. We can see why below.
The main reason for my propensity for this choice is that the factory will supply a lot of employment opportunities for society, especially for the people of the nearby community. The rate of unemployment will decrease and people's standard of living will also increase to some degree. So, without a doubt, people will willingly and rapidly come to accept the factory.

Another reason why I prefer this decision lies in the fact that with the development of the factory, many other establishments will be founded around it. These establishments will make the lives of the people of the community more convenient. For example, drugstores, restaurants, even hospitals, and new bus stops will be built. People will then enjoy the benefits the factory will bring. It is undeniable that the factory will bring some problems, such as the noise or air pollution. But whatever, these disadvantages may be, they will be limited to a minimum so that they can not contaminate the environment of the community.
In conclusion, we can safely draw that it is beneficial to build a large factory near our community.