Should the mandatory retirement be abolished?

•  
  • 400
  • 0
  • 0

Although some people are against it, I am for the abolition of the mandatory retirement system for the following three reasons.

Firstly, the mandatory retirement system can lead to age discrimination. This system lumps elderly workforce together and compels them to leave their jobs just because they have reached a certain age, resulting in age discrimination.

Secondly, it is far from an efficient way of management for companies to lose people with a wealth of experience. Companies have to train young people to do the same level of work that elderly workforce can do. It will cost a lot and take a long time.

Thirdly, since now it is in the era of the long life expectancy, people should not stick to this system. The elderly people should have choices whether they want to continue their jobs or leave their companies and look for challenging jobs in the rest of their life. No mandatory retirement system will pave the way for the equal employment between young and elderly people.

For the above-mentioned reasons, I believe that the mandatory retirement should be abolished.