After Reading the Book <Charlotte's Web>

•  
  • 188
  • 1
  • 1
Jul 13, 2012 01:04 Charlotte Web Book Reading
I finished it in a week. The book is relatively easy, because it is a book for kids.

Although the language is easy (Most of the sentences are like "sb. do sth.") , it is beautiful. Maybe the longest sentence in the book is: "I am sure that every one of us here in the barn cellar will be gratified to learn that after four weeks of unremitting effort and patience on the part of the goose, she now has something to show for it."

Sometimes, a lot synonyms are used together, making the sentence like a song.

Let's talk about the story. I have read the Chinese version in my childhood. Now I am an adult and can look at the story in a new perspective.

The pig Wilbur was so dependent to the spider Charlotte. However, he was just a pig and very kind. He always wanted to do something for Charlotte in return and at last, he did. I am a college student and I am still dependent to my parents economically. But I will do something in return finally.

The spider Charlotte helped Wilbur to live longer. I like the sentences: "After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little while, we die." "By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that."
Maybe she generalized the meaning of life. We don't have to become a great human, like Newton or Lincoln or someone. We just have to help people around us to become a kind person.

I used to hate the mouse Templeton, but I do not hate him now. He's greedy and realistic, but many of us are also like that. We do something just because we want to get something back. The book is a fairy tale, so the characters were too kind. The mouse's lifestyle is OK, in the cruel real life.

P.S.: After reading it, I felt like crying by Charlotte's words. But I couldn't because I was in the library...
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d