Carp-shaped Streamer

•  
  • 188
  • 9
  • 1
The other day, I went to my younger son's kindergarten for a round-table meeting for parents.\(^_^ )
They produce such a meeting twice a trimester at the first part and the last of it. So we have six round-meetings a year. The subject of it is virtually always same, though the content details are different. Parents can get some information of the trimester events and some notes as a company of the kindergarten.

In addition, this time we could appreciate an event named " 鯉幟(carp-shaped streamer)の会".(o^^o) This is one of the annual events the kindergarten holds after "子供の日", Children's Day in English.(*^-^*)( ´艸`) It is the day to celebrate children's growth, and a carp-shaped streamer is for boys.(^_^)ゞ
http://ja.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%81%93%E3%81%84%E3%81%AE%E3%81%BC%E3%82%8A
However, the Children's Day was for boys' in the ancient Japan, so there retain the custom to hoist carp-shaped streamer up high in the sky around the day.(^O^)v
At the kindergarten, annually each member of classes make own class carp-shaped steamers and throw a party to exhibit them.☆☆We could appreciate it before the round-meeting begin.(^^*)
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d