Worry About Her Safety (3)

•  
  • 133
  • 0
  • 0
I have a good friend named Wu. He studies in Compiegne, a city famous for car engines and located to the north of Paris, while his girlfriend lives in Rouen, nicknamed "ville aux cent clochers," the city with hundred church towers, to the west of Paris. As you may know, the whole country orbits around Paris and the railway system is no exception. If we compare the train lines to arteries and veins, Paris is the heart. When go to Compiegne from Rouen or vise versa by train, we are obliged to take a stopover at Paris.

When I was living in Paris, if Wu's girlfriend would visit him, he would ask me to keep her company during one or two hours' stopover at the north railway station in Pairs, the biggest traffic hub in European continent. It is true that there are many emboldened burglars and thieves in Paris and that Asians are always their target. Meanwhile, I used to think that Wu demonized the security situation and worried too much about her safety. Now, Wu has been doing apprentissage, long-term intern, in Paris for two years and his girlfriend comes over to live with him in holidays. Even though she is used to living in such a melting pot, he is still protective of her.

Last month, my girlfriend went alone to Shanghai for a vocational training. Unlike in Paris and the most part of the world, video-surveillance system covers every urban corner in Shanghai and policemen could easily monitor people's behaviors in public venues. Even so, I was afraid of the safety of my girlfriend and it was then that I started to understand Wu. Therefore, I asked favor of my good friend in Shanghai to fetch my girlfriend to the hotel.
我好基友兼亲儿砸吴在贡比涅上学,这是一所位于巴黎北面以汽车发动机闻名的城市.而他女票,我亲儿砸二号,在有着众多漂亮塔楼的鲁昂上学.正如你们知道的,法国的一切都为着巴黎转,铁路系统也不例外.如果把铁路线比作血管,巴黎就是心脏.当我们坐车从贡比涅去鲁昂或者相反,我们必须在巴黎转车.

当我住在巴黎时,如果亲儿砸二号要去贡比涅看他,她要在欧陆最大的火车站-巴黎北站转车,他就会让我在转车时陪着.巴黎确实有很多胆大的入室抢劫犯和小偷,亚洲人总是被盯上.不过,我之前总觉得亲儿砸把巴黎治安妖魔化了,过分担心亲儿砸二号的安全.现在,亲儿砸已经在巴黎做了两年apprenti,而亲儿砸二号也总是假期陪着她.即使她习惯了巴黎生活,他还是小心翼翼得呵护着女票.

上月,女票独自去上海参加培训.不像巴黎或世界上大部分其他地方,视频监控系统遍布上海市区的每个角落,警察可以轻易得监控人们的行为.即使如此,我还是担心女票,直到那刻我才开始理解亲儿砸.所以我拜托好朋友小平去机场接女票.