Important qualities of a good roommate?

•  
  • 1341
  • 4
  • 2
May 26, 2009 04:24 writing toefl
I'm always confused about using "he or she". Isn't it necessary to use this expression? I'm just considering gender equal in formal essays such as academic writings or TOEFL.
Q:
Many students have to live with a roommate while going to school. What are some of the important qualities of a good roommate?(#93)
A:
There are some reasons why a roommate is considered to a good roommate. I would say three qualities are important for a good roommate. A good roommate should not be noisy. And also, you should have a common hobby with him or her. Moreover, it is better to have a good relationship with the roommate.

First of all, a roommate should not be noisy. Obviously, you spend a lot of times with the roommate. If he or she is very noisy, your campus life will be worse. For instance, if he or she listens to music very loud during final exams, you will not able to concentrate your studies, and high grade in the test will not be expected.

Secondly, a roommate should have a common hobby with you. You will spend with the roommate almost every day, including weekends. You probably have chance to play sports or go somewhere with him or her. If you and the roommate have a common hobby, you could spend your time much better and feel relaxed. It must be so much fun and good for study, too.

Finally, you should have a good relationship with a roommate. The roommate is a kind of your family or spouse for you, because you live, eat or talk with him or her in any time. You should not have any stressful things or complaint with each other. Keeping a good relationship is better for you in order to spend your happy campus life.

To sum up, I think there are three reasons of a good roommate and these qualities are important for a good campus life. A good roommate should not be noisy, and should have a common hobby with you. In addition to that, it is better to have a good relationship with each other. These things are important qualities of a good roommate.(309)
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d