5th day, 4th entry.

•  
  • 108
  • 2
  • 1
Well, yesterday I wasn't inspired, so I didn't write anything haha. I'm struggling with the small や ゆ よ, but I think that it's a matter of time until I get used to that.
I did put a profile photo, and many of yours may be wondering "Who is that guy?" (well, I don't think so, but I just wanted to put a nice introduction into this subject haha). This person is Kenta Kobashi, one of the most prolific wrestlers in Japan. Wrestling in Japan isn't as "fake" as in USA. In USA, it's an entertainment, in Mexico it's a religion, in Japan it's a sport. Japan has a style of wrestling not seen in any other country.
Antonio Inoki, one of the disciples of Rikidozan, took wrestling in Japan to a new level, and as the President of New Japan Pro Wrestling, he made famous the "strong style" of wrestling. This style is based on giving credibility to wrestling, rather than making it some sort of entertainment. The punches that you see in American wrestling, usually don't hit or hit very lightly. In Japanese wrestling, they make full contact with the wrestler body. In American wrestling, all is based on a "storyline". In Japanese wrestling, there is very little storytelling, and it's more focused on the action on the ring.
Yes, we all know that both are scripted, but that doesn't means that it is "fake", because they really hurt and injuries come easily, in both American and Japanese variants. So, for me the magic of wrestling comes from seeing a show where two (or more) men entertain us, while risking their bodies, and trying to avoid a injury. That's the reason why I respect them so much.
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d