Teleworking topic

•  
  • 726
  • 6
  • 1
Write about the following topic:
Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in offices every day. Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers.
Do you agree or disagree?

" In recent year, the vast expansion of information and communication technology has been bringing many advantages for both workers and their company. I partly agree that the company should allow the employee to work from home.
It is can deniable that working at home is very convenient in somehow. Firstly, in term of employers, it can reduce lots of total cost for their company. Because they would use less space for office workers, therefore a reasonable headquarter is suitable. Secondly, if employees work at home, they could have the opportunity to improve their life. For example, they would not need to travel to get work, so they give more free time to take care their family. Otherwise, the combination between their work and their family is a benefit, especially for person who are parents of young children or have old people to look-after.
On the other hand, there are some drawbacks of working off the office. The first is that, the employee could miss the social aspect of work. For instance, they cannot seeing their co-workers, or meeting the customer. A further point is that the boss has to work under more pressure due to they must trust their employees to finish their work on time. In the other word, supervising teleworkers are more complicated. Finally, it inhibits teamwork which as a result in reducing creative at work.
In conclusion, I believe that while many workers welcome the opportunity to go out to work, others would find the chance to work from home very convenient. I would say that employees should be offered the choice, but not forced to work at home unless they wish to". (276 words)