School-Parent-Children

•  
  • 416
  • 5
  • 1
Hi everyone! I'm very happy to join in this website. This is my essay which prepare for my Ielts test. Please help me correct my mistakes. Thanks so much.

Topic: Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this. Discuss both these view and give your own opinion.

Children grow up every day, therefore, they need someone to guide them. Some people believed that parent role is significant for young family member while others put the responsibility on school. I would argue that it is better if let parents teach their kids behave like a good citizen.
It is undeniable that school plays a vital role in this issue. In general, it is a place where individuals develop their abilities of not only thinking but also living as well. They have opportunity to learn from their peers and connect with others in miniature society which is skills they need in the rest of their life.
In contrast, there are evidences to suggest that children should be taught by their parents. Firstly, no one knows kids better than parents and they always bestow upon the best things for them. School have many different types of student, they can mutual effect each other. For example, if friends of your children are liars, they can imitate them to avoiding punishment. Otherwise, teachers are quite busy with their own life and other students so they cannot look after your kids. As a result, you are the best one aware your child changing which you can encourage the good characteristics and limit the bad one. Secondly, society is conducted by nuclear family where each member is connected with others. Nowadays, life is busy. Some parents do not have enough time to follow their child’s steps they will not recognize him one day. It is not a family any more.
In conclusion, it seems to me that children should be taught by both parent and school. Even though parents is the most important when educate their kids how to become a good person of society.