March Comes in Like a Lion...

•  
  • 431
  • 82
  • 4
We have an expression, "春の嵐(haruno arashi)" that means "spring storms". Actually, in March there were many rainy and stormy days in Japan. Even in the middle of March we had some very cold days just like winter. There are also heavy snowfall areas in the northern Japan. Every single day, they have to remove accumulated snow on the roof in order to protect their houses.

This kind of weather always reminds me of an English old saying, "March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb." I like this expression because it is admirably put. After a long cold winter, many of us are waiting eagerly for a spring, but it usually doesn't come right away.

Today, March 20th is the Vernal Equinox Day, a national holiday. It was a warm and beautiful day. Many people were strolling around a shopping mall, a park or a sight seeing place and enjoyed lots of sunshine and a mild weather. My family and I also went to see colorful plum blossoms in a plum garden. They are truly signs of spring and in a few weeks, we are going to see gorgeous cherry blossoms everywhere. Now I think spring is just around the corner.
Big_en2-f94e3223819fd32ef746d2bb993ffe3d