Pay It Forward

•  
  • 1348
  • 10
  • 3
One of lang8ers has once mentioned that he feels bad about not being able to help other learners, because he is very busy. I replied to him, "You don't need to feel bad about it. I know you are busy doing your business." Having said that, honestly I sometimes feel the same way he does.

Long ago I watched an American movie, "Pay it Forward". Japanese title is "ペイ フォワード(Pay Forward)". I was very impressed to know the idea and since that time, "Pay it forward" has always been in my head. In the film, Trevor, the 12-year-old hero told his mother, "You see, I do something real good for three people. And then when they ask how they can pay it back, I say they have to pay it forward."

Whenever we receive a favor, we tend to think we have to pay it back to the giver right away. This is what we usually do and it is nothing wrong. If someone kindly corrects your entry, we'd like to correct back his or her entry. However, if we adapt the idea "Pay it forward" to Lang8, we can reduce our stress because in a very near future we know we can do something good for somebody out there. Isn't it wonderful to think your corrections and nice comments might be a wide spreading goodwill movement all over the world. I'm daydreaming this beautiful chain reaction. Am I too idealistic?