What phrase do you use to describe this action?

  • 353
  • 1
  • 1
  • English 
Aug 16, 2016 12:03
When washing dishes or clothes, you have to put them into water again and again to remove detergents or soap attached to them, so that it will be clean, or just simply put them right under the taps and let water goes through them.

How do you call this kind of action in English? In Chinese, we call it "過水", which means "going through water". I just encountered the question when I was doing my laundry. :)

Edit: I think I've got the answer, is it "rinse off"?