The weather of Hue

•  
  • 2480
  • 5
  • 2
  • Vietnamese 
Hue is the capital city of Thua Thien Hue province, which is in the middle of Vietnam. The weather of Hue is quite diffirent from the South and the North of Vietnam, typically are Ha Noi and Ho Chi Minh city. Hanoi has 4 seasons quite clearly. It is said that the autumn in Hanoi is very beautifully. I haven't never seen that but I had a chance to spend a short time in winter there. It was very cold, but dry so that we could try on many lovely coats. Ho Chi Minh city has only 2 seasons: the rainy and sunny season. Now it's the sunny one and it's very hot here. The rainy season often begins at July and spread to December. It almost rains everyday but just short times, about 1 or 2 hours. It usually rains in afternoon.
Hue city also has 2 seasons like Ho Chi Minh city but it's much more harder. In the sunny season, which is often from March to August, the temperature is very high. Sometimes it can be 40 Celcius degrees and it's very dry, the humidity is about 40 or 50%. Contrary with the sunny season, the rainy one often makes us tired. Because it often has soakers which are stretched from day to night, today to tomorrow and they don't have any signs that they would stop. The Hue peole always jokes that there are only 2 soakers every month but each soaker is about 15 days. Beside the wet, it's also so cold here, nearly as much cold as the North.
Maybe someone thinks that living in this kind of climate is quite difficult but many people love it. Many composers have written many songs about the rains in Hue. I used to think I don't like the climate of my hometown anymore but now, when I'm living far from it, I miss it so much. Sometimes I want to have a long rain like that. A long rain will help us roll up any sadness.