We all work or will work in our jobs with many different kinds of people. In your opinion, what are some important characteristics of a co-worker (someone you work closely with)? Use reasons and specific examples to explain why these characteristics are important.

•  
  • 780
  • 1
  • 1
I think that there are several important factors of a good co-worker. Let me explain these elements. First, a person who can help other people may be needed by a lot of people. Such a person can listen to the story of people who are struggling with various kinds of things and give some good advice.

Secondly, people with whom you can compete are very important. It is because that you can make some progress through such a race. I have an experience with this. When I was a junior high school student, I was playing basketball and had a rival. I really didn’t want to be defeated by him. So I practiced hardly so that I could play better than him. Consequently I could improve the skill, though I am not sure that I was playing better than him after all. Like my experience, people can improve their ability with a good rival.

Thirdly, co-workers who dare to (or “bother to” Which is better? I am no sure…) say things that most people don’t want to say are very precious. You may not want to listen to them willingly, but what they advised you will be very helpful in the end. You might not realize how it is important at once. So, if your co-workers advise you something, it is better for you to pay attention to it. They tell you important things that you cannot notice by yourself. If you don’t listen to them, you can end up bothering other people.

Like I have stated so far, I believe that good co-workers are those who are with these abilities. Although it is not easy to be a good co-worker for someone with whom I will work but, I am going to try to be the good one when I begin to work in the real world.