Latest Comments

Jul 2, 2012 15:31 Seech commented on 赤ちゃんホルダーの注意書き: warning at b...
今まで添削してくださった方々にポイントを差し上げていませんね。 もうlang-8初心者ではありませんよ。 返事を書く場所によっては相手にnotificationが行きませんよ、つまり読まれない。
Mar 24, 2012 22:30 Earnest commented on Need your help
道元さんの「ヘラクレスの日記」でお見かけして、ちょっとのぞきに来ました。 当該表現が使われている文脈を付けてないので、断定はできませんが、「胸騒ぎ」とか「虫の知らせ」のような意味じゃないですか。 直感のことを"gut feeling"と言いま...
Mar 16, 2012 23:04 KULAH commented on Need your help
can you define it more?
Mar 16, 2012 16:12 made 1 corrections for Need your help
Mmm...~
Feb 24, 2012 12:00 KULAH commented on Need your help, urgently
Ayu usually translates to freshwater trout/river trout ( i think) It is delicious. The ayu that jumps towards a new tomorrow. Ayu ...
Feb 16, 2012 22:51 KULAH commented on Venue-shop
i can't define it exactly. Once again you have proven your superior intelligence, Mrs (ms?) Hall.
Feb 16, 2012 14:33 Asura commented on Venue-shop
used in the political world when passing law/bill basically if the "GOAL" is to have the economy grow 3% next year there is goo...
Feb 16, 2012 14:29 commented on Venue-shop
Venue shopping is a bit tricky to explain. I mainly know it as a legal term. In a legal setting, venue shopping is when lawyers try to fi...
Feb 16, 2012 00:56 KULAH commented on She or He?
But the anchorman called the person “she” repeatedly. this is correct as well.
Feb 15, 2012 14:00 tama-negy hall commented on She or He?
Maverickbc, thank you for your correction. I am not good at the use of article including your correction. See you soon.
Feb 15, 2012 13:09 Maverickbc ロン Ron 론 made 2 corrections for She or He?
I see, so it was part of the persons first name then :)
Feb 14, 2012 14:50 KULAH made 2 corrections for Need your help
we have some expressions that would fit, but i can't think of them now. I will sleep and hopefully the answer will come in a dream.
Feb 14, 2012 14:11 TheFrozenSkies commented on Need your help
excuse/argument/reasoning in hindsight describes it well, from the example you gave. There's no clear equivalent in English, I thi...
Feb 6, 2012 18:19 Johnny commented on Need your help
Sterling, Fly, fine, hip, could all be equated to being handsome
Feb 6, 2012 13:59 ying made 2 corrections for Need your help
It means to inflate a price/amount of money. (不動産業者として)highball the price of a house. (求職者として)highball one's salary requirement
Feb 6, 2012 13:54 Seigi no rigu commented on Need your help
Could you please explain a little in detail? Thanks
Feb 6, 2012 11:42 KULAH commented on Need your help
i think a noun wold be better cool guy hunk hottie (usually only said by women so it sounds feminine)
Jan 29, 2012 00:30 Julie・ジュリー commented on Typo
Sounds very spooky!
Jan 16, 2012 23:11 gigaseed commented on TokyoDome (need your help)
I've never heard about someone describe the size by places other than Tokyo dome and football field ^^||
Jan 16, 2012 13:54 Mordecai made 2 corrections for TokyoDome (need your help)
I can't think of anything right now!
Jan 16, 2012 13:53 Punkie99 commented on TokyoDome (need your help)
I know we sometimes use "football field" as a comparison when talking about size/area. Example: "This school is about 3 fo...
Jan 10, 2012 18:55 Giò made 4 corrections for Avete questo?
Ottima idea :)
Jan 10, 2012 13:19 Teo made 4 corrections for Do you have this?
Yes, we have these boxes in the U.S. as well. They're very convenient!
Jan 10, 2012 13:16 bohfive made 3 corrections for Do you have this?
Wow, what a great idea. You can just return your books when you go to the staion!! but... you still have to go to the library to BORRO...
Dec 29, 2011 13:50 文盲 made 1 corrections for Do you have this?
This is a locker / These are lockers -- it sounds much more natural if you use singular/singular or plural/plural. I also learned some...
Dec 29, 2011 13:38 KULAH commented on Do you have this?
wow I've been to japan a bunch but i never saw that!
Dec 29, 2011 13:32 Sushi Smile made 1 corrections for Do you have this?
Great idea. http://pekepenguin.com/
Dec 28, 2011 12:32 KULAH commented on Do you know this?
sometimes we say "up close" in english so maybe they just took the "up".
Dec 27, 2011 15:43 KULAH made 1 corrections for Do you know this?
有難う! これはどうですか? アメリカ人は普段納豆が余り好きじゃないです。このことを考慮して、アメリカから客様に朝食を用意したら、納豆を入れ忘れた方がいい。 このことを考慮して、アメリカから客様に朝食(を作って上げたら?)『どう言えばいいかな?』、納豆を入れ忘...
Dec 27, 2011 07:26 Julie・ジュリー commented on Posh
I'm hearing it in Ireland as well, where we speak British/Hiberno English :)
Dec 27, 2011 02:36 KULAH made 1 corrections for Do you know these?
i did not know these but I could understand them. in 信じようと信じまいと is the よう in 信じようと part of the verb conjugation or is it another wor...
Dec 27, 2011 01:32 KULAH commented on Posh
in america it is not common but in england it still is. Perhaps most famous is Posh Spice from the spice girls (she is still famous but n...
Dec 26, 2011 14:10 sam commented on Posh
I'm not even sure what that means ><;;; I think it is used more commonly British English. Being so, I haven't heard tha...
Dec 26, 2011 12:55 KULAH made 1 corrections for Do you know this?
Dec 26, 2011 12:53 KULAH commented on Do you know this?
thank you for teaching. would this be correct? 今年、母なる自然の力を見られました。 This year we saw the power of mother nature.
Dec 22, 2011 18:17 commented on Do you have....?
I've never seen it in America! When I was in Japan, I thought it was really interesting that there were videos playing inside th...
Dec 22, 2011 13:19 medz commented on Do you know this?
helicopter parents wa nan desu ka?
Dec 22, 2011 12:13 commented on Do you have....?
I live in Japan but I was born in London. Folkstone is very nice. I hope you enjoyed your stay.
Dec 22, 2011 11:41 made 1 corrections for Do you have....?
Not on the trains, but on the underground platforms. Also some buses have local advertisements playing on screens similar to the ones on ...
Dec 22, 2011 07:49 Julie・ジュリー commented on Really?
面白い。「本当!?」の同じですか。
Dec 21, 2011 15:26 ジャレット made 1 corrections for Do you know this?
Interesting. I did not know about this. We used to have something similar in the U.S. but for deaf people. It was a sticker they put o...
Dec 21, 2011 15:22 made 2 corrections for Do you know this?
知りませんでした!面白いです!
Dec 21, 2011 15:21 Hajime Crea made 1 corrections for Do you know this?
I have seen that mark before!
Dec 21, 2011 11:59 あ滝 commented on Really?
まじのローマ字は maji じゃないですか。