• 1198
  • 7
  • 4
  • Japanese 

Crossfit is a high intensity exercise regime that focuses on “functional fitness”.

Rather than trying to isolate individual muscles, like most people in the gym these days, it focuses on training the entire body as one unit. The more different muscles an exercise uses, the better.

The fundamental skills that Crossfit trains are things like running, jumping, climbing, lifting, carrying and throwing. These are the things that the human body was designed for, and they are all necessary for daily life.

Olympic weightlifting is a very important part of Crossfit. Lifting a heavy weight from the ground to overhead uses almost every muscle in the body. When I say Olympic Weightlifting, I am referring to the Clean & Jerk and the Snatch, as well as assistance exercises that they use to train such as squats and deadlifts.

Gymnastics also plays an important role in Crossfit. For example, all Crossfit gyms will have lots of sets of rings hanging from the ceiling. Doing simple gymnastics moves on rings is an extremely effective way of developing upper body strength. Other gymnastics techniques such as handstands are also an important part of Crossfit.

The combination of Olympic weightlifting and gymastics is, I think, one of the reasons why Crossfit works so well. They are both extremely effective methods of training which have been proven over many years of Olympic history. Olympic weightlifters have probably the strongest legs and backs of all athletes anywhere in the world. Male gymnasts possibly have the strongest arms and upper bodies of all athletes. By combining these two methods of training with intense cardiovascular training, you can produce very high levels of all-round fitness.

Another key to Crossfit’s success is that workouts are competitive. Workouts are usually done in a group, and designed so that you can compete against the other people. As it is competitive, people tend to try their hardest, and get better results.

It is also a lot of fun, and a good way to make friends.