Our Life and Conveyor Belt Sushi

•  
  • 197
  • 6
  • 2
It’s been about a month since I started a new job. I signed a lease on a flat near a company where I work, and got settled somewhat now. I like this current environment though I’m often exhausted after work. I think my job is rewarding and my colleagues are friendly. Plus, it’s refreshing to jog viewing a big river and Japanese castle near my place. Only the problem is that I don’t have much time to play games.

Actually, I don’t like being busy. When some people refer to this kind of situation, they say something like “I’m busy, but it’s fruitful.” To put it bluntly, I personally think this is just nonsense. Let me explain why I think so.

Do you know of conveyor belt sushi? This is very common in Japan, and I sometimes visit there. I bet you know of sushi, and conveyor belt sushi is offered by restaurants where sushi is carried on the conveyor to take it when you want. Basically, you can choose your favorite ones when they come in front of you. There are various kinds of stuff flowing including fruit juices, ramen, and pieces of cake. You may think this is crazy.

Anyway, there was a giveaway regarding conveyor belt sushi before. In the show, challengers try to eat sushi that is being carried on the conveyor at certain intervals. They can’t have another one unless they finish digesting stuff in their mouth. Then, if sushi goes beyond a line on the conveyor, they fail. That’s why they have to keep eating in order for sushi not to reach the line until they eat everything prepared.

For me, the situation “I’m busy but it’s fruitful” applies to this. I can’t imagine I savor all things that come to me hastily one after another. You need to take a moment to fully enjoy them at the bottom of your heart. Please remember you should sip Yunomi(cup for Japanese tea) slowly when eating sushi.

Thank you for reading.