A set of clichés, which gives it to a Russian pass for free

•  
  • 107
  • 0
  • 0
Jun 21, 2017 06:14 #impbased #mariapetrova
Even before I left Russia for an undefined time, I often had to deal with stereotypes, who is a "typical Russian", what a personality it is, how it looks, how it behaves and how it behaves.
After my departure, it became my daily routine. The routine, which has gradually developed into a reflex.

Drawer thinking is partly normal. Anyone has prejudices. You have them, I have them too. One is more progressive, the other is less, but the foundation of reinforced concrete, established by a system, is not easy to dismantle. Most people think the way they were brought, and here we are.

Another thing is that the roles can change, and at some point everyone can become the one who feels the prejudices of the others on his own body. Today I am.

Every day the question is asked me where I come from. I answer them, and already know what would come after that.

If I ever get a euro, if someone tells me that I'm not looking like a Russian, I already have enough coal to buy an apartment in Moscow. Maybe this is true, but I was born in Saint Petersburg and my family has lived here since the advent of the Russian Empire. My family name is Petrova. But no, some people expect a blonde in heeled shoes with a Russian flag on his chest.

The next talk is the Russian accent, which I do not possess, but the ability to speak English. The latter is not expected by us. This is not without reason, nothingdestotrotz.

Then come jokes about fake Russian. OK, that's good. It's not so funny, but, well, bearable.

As a rule, everyone would like to talk about politics. Everyone wants it, but I'm not able to talk with anyone about it.

I have my own opinion, you your own. I think it's nice to share it. It is interesting to discuss what will happen and what can be foreseen in terms of economy and diplomacy.

I do not find it so nice to let your inner political scientist out, to show up, and to repeat what has been said in television or written on the Internet. I can not stand this type of conversation any more and just break it off. Fake Russian turn into Russian.

To be honest, the demonization of our fatherland from the media sometimes comes from senil, so even the wooden heads begin to ask themselves if it really is.

The most sad thing is that we ourselves are working diligently. I would, for example, tear off the hands of those who upload these stupid videos of autoregistrators on Youtube. Also with a heading "Meanwhile in Russia" and a few of Hashtags. Seriously, I'm already quite tired of explaining that we're not driving like monkeys under LSD, and that something like that happens in every country, but they just do not.

Some are absolutely certain, for some reason, that they know what Russia is like and what it is for a place. And all the talk about the subject is mainly in the affirmative and not in the questioning tone.

That amazes me the most. Ey man, I lived there for 22 years. I have visited more than a hundred Russian cities. And I got only a very rough idea of ​​what country it is, but you tell me just as if you had been going there for fifty years, pilfering from Kaliningrad to Kamchatka. And then direction Sakhalin swam.

If you really want to surprise your international interlocutors, you better tell them that Russia is the Jewish Autonomous Region, or that there are almost no explicit dialectical differences in the modern Russian language. Over 700 kilometers between Moscow and St. Petersburg, considered by anybody as a serious route. On the difference between the climate in Yakutsk and the one in Krasnodar.
Yes, whatever, but not about vodka and Putin. They are being talked about enough (c).