A Good Book: Simple and Usable Web, Mobile and Interaction Design

•  
  • 248
  • 3
  • 1
About the book, as its title says, it teaches people how to design simple and usable web, mobile,and interaction applications and services. The author presents four proven strategies for achieving simplicity, which are remove, hide, organize and displace. Each theme is then divided into many short topics, that are easy to learn and understand.

关于这本书,就像它的名字所说,它教人如何设计简单的好用的网页、手机和交互式软件和服务。作者提出了4种经过验证的策略来达到这一目的,包括删除、隐藏、组织和替换。每个大的主题又分为许多小的很容易阅读和理解的小主题。

When I first came across this book, what impressed me most is that the book itself is very simple. Every two pages, one is the text and the other is a related picture, is a small topic. It's simple and beautiful, more important, easy to read with your fragmented time. Whenever you have several minutes' free time, you can read two pages.

当我第一次看到这本书的时候,最吸引的是书本身就非常简捷。每两页,其中一页是文字,另一页是一张相关的图片,这样很简单漂亮,更重要的是,容易利用碎片时间来阅读。不管什么时候你有几分钟,都可以读上两页。

As I read deeper into the book, I nd every small topic is extremely reasonable and usable. For example, it says, "Instructions seem to say, 'See how much effort we've made to explain this to you? If you don't get it, it's your own fault.' ". Users seldom read user-manual, it's true, but few developers don't take it serious. Another example, it's a interesting story. In Tokyo there is an Apple Store, which has a glass elevator without even a single button. It shuttles between the four floors of the store, stopping at each one it passes. Is it cool? Of course, this is my rst impression. But then the author points out the problem, first visiting there people feel frustrated, anxious and not in control, similar to the sense of fearing dropping things besides a tall building. Very reasonable explain!

当我阅读得更深入,我发现每个小主题都非常有道理,非常有用。例如,它说,"说明书就好像在说,`看看我们做了多少努力去向你说明白吧,如果你再不懂就是自己的问题啦。'"。用户很少阅读用户书档,这是真的,然而很少有开发者真正把它放在心上。另一个例子,这是一个有趣的故事。东京有一个苹果商店,这个商店有一个玻璃的电梯,但却没有一个按键。它在商店的4层间不断穿梭,每到一层都停下来。这很酷?当然,这也是我的第一感觉。但是然后作者就指出来存在的问题,新到那里的觉得受挫、紧张、不受掌握,就像是站在高楼层随时担心着头上掉下的东西一样。很有道理的解释!

Look around you, you'll find a lot of the design problems the book mentioned and good design tips the book advised. Some software has unnecessary color schemes option, because the user totally doesn't care it. The good software makes the right choice for the user and let user can do what they want to do intently. Some Companies think too much about their expert customers too much, with many features that main-streamers never use. Products are too complex for main-streamers to accomplish. So I think this is what the book teaches us most---letting us view the design in a different way and design something thing simple and usable.

看一看周围,你就会发现书里提到的许多设计问题和推荐的好的设计理念。一些软件有毫无必要的配色方案选择,因为用户毫不在乎它们。好的软件替用户做好选择,让他们专心做自己想做的事。一些公司太多地考虑他们的专家用户,以致包含了许多普通用户从来不用的特性。一些产品太复杂,普通用户根本无法掌握。所以我想,这本书最能教我们的是||让我们有更一种视野去看待设计,设计出简单和好用的东西。