Am I in a committed relationship now!? もしかしてもう結婚しないとだめなのか!?

•  
  • 192
  • 11
  • 3
Part 17
I was over-welcomed by too much food to eat and too much alcohol to drink. However, they all seemed drunk as much as I was. So we cleaned up the table after dinner together. While we were washing the dishes, one of her relatives started again. “By the way, what kind of relationship are you in with my sister?” Here is my chance! Finally, I found a sensible man in this chaos. I was about to burst myself with great joy. But “You, idiot! Mr. Kenneth is our sister`s fiancé! They are already engaged!!” The man who loved Japanese culture, suddenly cut in and whispered into him. “Really!? Then, when are you planning to have your wedding?” Damn! How could you do this to me!? You ruined my precious hope which I finally found in this chaos, just as simply as throwing garbage out. I thought you could be my friend but you are already dead to me. “Well, I think it is too early for us to marry. She and I just started dating…” I tried to clean this mess up as much as I could. “Oh, come on, Kenneth! You don`t worry about that too much! Next time you come to our dinner on Chinese New Year day, you can be officially a member of our family!!” He said so in a clear-cut way.
To be continued...

read the past episodes>>http://kennethisland.nobu-naga.net/english/library_frame.html

食べきれないほどの料理を御馳走になり、ベロベロに酔ってはいたが、周りも似たようなものだったので僕は皆と一緒に食器を片づけ始めた。キッチンで食器を洗いながら、また話し始める。「ところでケネス君。君と姉さんとはどういった関係なんだい?」チャンス!ついにこのカオスにも話の判りそうな奴が登場したか!僕は喜び勇んで事情を説明しそうとした。すると「ケネス君は姉さんと将来を誓い合った仲らしいよ。」とすかさず日本文化好きの彼が耳打ちをした。「ああ、そうなのか!で、いつ結婚するんだい!?」このやろう・・・。せっかく差しかけていた希望の光をいともあっさりと消し去りやがって。今までお前はいいだと思っていたがもう君は友人リストから除外決定だ。「いやいやまだそんな心の準備が・・・。第一まだ僕たちは出会ったばかりですし・・・。」と出来る限りのフォローを入れようと試みた。「ああ、そんなの気にすることないよ。今年の春節ごろにまた家に来るころには晴れて僕たちの一員だね!」彼は歯切れよく言いきった。