What Is True Happiness?

•  
  • 135
  • 2
  • 1
"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. Buddha"

The quote is a finest example of what I can going to write about. In my title I have put "true" before "happiness" because we(people) always take happiness in wrong way. We are often spellbound by enticing things in life and we indulge in them. For instance, "when a child cry for a toy and after taking it he/she feels happy. But after getting bored with it he/she ask for another as it was never his/her true happiness. The child is never satisfy." that's how we are when we get older and responsible person. We go in the search of fake happiness and nebulous the true one. I have met so many rich people and what I notice that they always complain how sad they are. They are not fully satisfied with what they have. Some even want to become a monk as they don't care about the money. But a poor person will laugh at the rich man as for him the money is the only happiness. But some people are happy with what they have. They don't ask for more. You can see the real happiness on their face. I want to give example of it. Once I was going to temple and the taxi driver was talking and smiling as he won a lottery. I asked him "why are you so happy?" and he smiled and said, "I'm always happy like this because I have everything and I don't desire for more." I was surprised and socked because he was indeed a poor taxi driver.
Besides of seeing people in real life I have read some articles and they say money can't buy happiness. For the true happiness you should learn to give and be kind. I don't believe this because I am a person who always try to help others and what I get in return is sadness. I'm not happy. Then what is true happiness?

P. S I will answer that in next entry. If you know the answer, please write here.