Nothing can bring you back!

•  
  • 660
  • 7
  • 2
Can storied urn or animated bust
Back to its mansion call the fleeting breath?
Can Honour's voice provoke the silent dust,
Or Flattery soothe the dull cold ear of Death?

Thomas Gray has written a very wonderful elegy, called; A Country Churchyard.
The whole poem is a wonderful elegy for the poor people.
But I found these lines( the above ones) very attractive and a little funny. Funny? Well, yes! I found them funny, because he asked these wonderful questions that can urn or animated bust bring the ambitious or rich people back? Or can honour's voice bring their death body alive? Your flattery/cringe can't please the death's ear.
And the answer is, "no!". If these things can't bring your life back then it is useless to show(mock) at them. Nothing can bring or please the dead. And flattery can't comfort their ears(dead bodies), because they are senseless. Despite all of this, people make statues for rich people and they don't care about poor ones. I asked, "why"? Everyone has to go to the hands of death. There is no difference between rich and poor, high and low in death's eyes. The die as well as the poor will die one day. Then why people do such things for rich people.

The wealthy people should not make fun of poor people. They work hard and live simple and humble life of village. It can be possible to find a merit person in village, but they don't have opportunities to show their talents. But it does not mean that they are useless or they deserve to a laugh. Poverty stands in their way. Lack of knowledge and education make them unknown. They(poor) live and die unknown. Fame and wealthiness make a person criminal. Because he/she has power to do a crime, on the other hand, poverty doesn't make you to do a crime. Villagers live simple and happily ever after.