Talk About Holy Books Of Hindunism*

•  
  • 152
  • 1
  • 1
Yesterday, I was chatting to my friend who is from Brazil and we were exchanging so many thoughts about culture and books. As he is a curious and a learner person who suddenly as me about some holy books of Hindunism. For example Ramayana, Mahabharata, Gita and Vedas. He also asked about a book names Gitanjali, though it is not a holy book but a famous book of Rabindranath Tagore.
First of all, I want to talk about the Ramayana. The Ramayana is a tale of Lord Rama who killed so many demons including Ravan who kidnapped his wife Goddess Sita. The Ramayana is a holy book which you can find almost every Hindu's house in India. The Ramayana was written by Valmiki in Sanskrit and translated in
Awadhi(a beautiful poetic language) by Tulsidas Ji as a Ramcharitmanas. Ramayana was translated in Awadhi so local people who can't read Sanskrit can read the Ramayana. But today Ramayana is translated in so many languages including in English. The Ramayana teaches to become a better human being and how much should be respect our relations. The Ramayana is the soul of every Hindu.

The Mahabharata is a tale about the greatest war fought between the Pandavas and the Kauravas. And Krishna, the divine avatar of Lord Vishnu, helps the Pandavas win over the Kauravas. Bhagwat Gita is the part of Mahabharata. Gita is a dive speech of Lord Krishna to Arjuna when he was going to give up and disagree to fight with his own brothers(cousins) and other relatives. Then Lord Krishana tought about universe a d soul to Arjuna and said that soul never dies; you are a worrier and your karma is to fight with your enimies. In Gita lord Krishna also teaches us that how a human can achieve him(krishna). This, Gita is a part of Mahabharata. Mahabharata was written by Vedvyas Ji and it was pen by lord Ganesha in Sanskrit.

Note.. I have never read Gitanjali so I can't write much about it but it's not a holy book. Gitanjali means the neckles of songs and it is full of poetry written by Tagore as I mentioned above. That's all I know.
And I will write about Vedas in next entry as it will be too long to be corrected.