16.06.2012

•  
  • 76
  • 2
  • 1
Yesterday, I finished reading "Master of the game" by Sidney Sheldon. It took a month and a half to finish it, and I think I should have finished much earlier. One of my targets in this month is to finish reading three English books, so I have to finish reading two more books. I have over ten English books that I've not finished yet. I choose "amsterdam" by Ian McEwan and "Ham on Rye" by Charles Bukowski. I don't know about both books and authors. I ordered the former because one of my friends on Lang-8 recommended Ian McEwan, and a senior Japanese volunteer in Vanuatu lent the latter three weeks ago. I can't leave the latter without reading. Last night, I started to read the former. However, I couldn't understand easily. I probably couldn't concentrate on reading enough. The former has less than 200 pages, and the latter has less than 300 pages. If I manage to use time efficiently, I should complete my target.

On a different note, one of my friend who worked the Ministry of Health left Vanuatu yesterday. While he was in Vanuatu, I was inspired by him. He speaks English much fluently than I. He is supposed to go to the UK to do postgraduate studies. He often challenged IELTS and TOEFL in Vanuatu or sometimes Australia. Last month, I was eager to succeed in my midterm report. Because I was inspired by his midterm report in his fluent English last December. He often encouraged me and gave me some useful advice. One of the reasons why I could keep studying English was his existence. Without him, I couldn't continue my effort. I'd like to make my effort to catch up with him and show him advanced me in the UK in summer next year.
Img_hn_pc_bn300-3484a621094d33784ab18d6efd7f193a